Over the years I have noticed the biggest challenge for lots of people is to make a decision.
Most people can tell you what they DON”T Want,
1. I don’t want to be fat
2. I don’t want to run out of money
3. I don’t want to be feel unhappy etc
4. I don’t’ want to lose my job
5. I don’t want to feel silly
But the hardest thing for many people is to actually know what they want.
It’s if saying what you want out loud means that It might not happen
So why do people struggle to make a decision?
Past experiences, over domineering parents or strict school rules and regulations takes away our ability to feel confident in making a decision about the things we want in life.
We may have also been told that it is selfish to ask for what you want... or things like “You don’t always get what you want” ,“You have enough, stop being greedy
That sits in the subconscious creating feelings of discomfort in asking for what we really want
If making a decision is hard for you – start with simple things first
1. I want to pay off my credit card, so for the next 30 days I choose to take my lunch to work instead of buying it
2. I want to lose weight, so for the next 30 days, I am going to walk every night after work
Sally Thibault who is a Speaker, Life Strategist and Author joined me on The Drive Home to discuss this topic.