Elton John Returns to Australian for His ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road’ Tour
Elton John has announced that he is making his return to Australia and New Zealand in 2023, adding what he’s dubbing ‘encore’ shows to his farewell tour.
The new shows will take place in Newcastle, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane then to New Zealand in January.
The music icon began his ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road’ tour in a pre covid time way back in September 2018, and by the end will have played over 300 shows spanning across five continents.
We can finally ‘thank’ covid from something because it forced the icon to reschedule his New Zealand shows and thus he took the opportunity to make his return down under as part of his rescheduled New Zealand leg.
At the end of this tour, Sir Elton will have graced our country for more than 200 concerts over his 18 tours to Australia, which happens to be the third most for any country outside the UK and the US.
Tickets go on sale Monday August 1, with pre-sales available.
- Tuesday, January 10th McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle, NSW
- Friday, January 13th AAMI Park, Melbourne, VIC
- Wednesday, January 18th Allianz Stadium, Sydney, NSW
- Saturday, January 21st Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, QLD
- Tuesday, January 24th Orangetheory Stadium, Christchurch, NZ
- Friday, January 27th Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ
- Saturday, January 28th Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ
Head to oznz.eltonjohn.com for full presale and ticket information.
Photo: Sir Elton John, 2019 in Lucca, Italy. (stedalle/shutterstock.com)